Knowledge sharing with Kolad Guests/Visitors: “KYK-Know Your Kolad”
- Rafting Start point and End point are different, around 16kms apart. Even if you have your own car you will need transport as Rafting boats cant carry your beloved car. Resorts/Hotels in Kolad typically charge between Rs1200-Rs1000 per Auto(can accommodate 8 people) for taking people to Start & pickup from End point. Ola/Uber services not there in Kolad
- Always book your stay in Kolad with all meals, as Kolad is an off location. Even if you wish book only rooms with any hotel/resort, always ask for rates for each meal & what they offer in their meals and item rates of ala carte menu if you dont wish to be unpleasantly surprised. Even basic eating point is 6-15kms away from any hotel/resorts and Swiggy/Zomato services are not available in Kolad. So booking resort/hotel just looking at low room rates is not wise decision. You may end up travelling 6-15kms for each meal or paying what the hotel/resort demands to avoid inconvenience. This point doesn’t apply if you are fasting
- Its advisable to book rooms/rafting directly though hotel/resorts, as its been seen recently that few agents make the booking at low prices, take advance amount and become unreachable/uncontactable. Apply caution while booking through agents as they dont have any permanent establishment/place in Kolad and you dont wish to have only online trip to Kolad
- Kolad is an off location rural area; power cuts are not surprising, especially during monsoons. Wont be a bad idea to ask your Hotel/Resort if they have power backup before powering the booking
- Hot water 24/7 can be considered luxury in Kolad, very few hotels/resorts have this facility. Some have it for specific timing; so you can have hot shower as per hotel/resort timing. During monsoons and winters its needed the most, can be considered basic requirement by guests coming from Mumbai and Pune. So do enquire before hand, before your basic need is considered luxury
- Telecom Network and Internet Wifi facility can be weak in Kolad or non existent. There can be interruptions in Internet wifi provided by Hotels/Resorts ( dependent on sole internet service provider in whole Kolad). Internet service provider doesn’t work 24/7 in Kolad; so if there is problem in internet service in evening at Hotel/Resort, it will only be fixed next day, wont happen at night. Do enquire with hotels which telecom network works in their area. Jio works in most of Kolad; other networks can have connectivity issues. Sole Internet Service provider can take your Soul for few hours
- Very few hotels/resort in Kolad employ professional chefs, mostly work on gharghuti model (local maids) for meals. Preparing tandoori starters is much more than applying masala and roasting it on fire or for that matter preparing Main Course buffet meals. Its an art which Professionals Chefs take pride in. Do enquire from your hotels/resorts before placing the chicken/paneer on fire
- Very few hotels in Kolad have intercom facility, so customers need to walk to dining (50-100meters) each time to place their request for any snacks/starters for munching or wait till you spot some Hotel/Resort staff passing by to give your request. If you are fitness freak or have passion for walking, this point should not bother you
- Hotels/Resorts dont have Liquor License , so advisable to carry your own hard drinks if you dont want your trip to be dry day
- Carry umbrellas/rain coat and extra cloths during Monsoons and Winter clothing during winters
Kolad is a place where Adventure Meets Nature, looks forward to welcoming guests in all seasons, especially monsoon in which Kolad is at its prime.
You will have pleasant and fun filled trip to amazing Kolad if you have planned your trip after taking into consideration few points enumerated above !!! Unplanned is not always exciting and Planning is not always boring!!! Make informed decisions.